Friday, June 10, 2011

WEINI - I Love Him Not - Chapter 15 - Complicated

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"What? So you told Kelvin EVERYTHING?" Chrysantha said. Oh look! Her eyes are bulging out of their sockets.

"Yeah..." Christabella said coolly.

"OMIGOSH! That's really bad. I can feel it..." Chrysantha said with her eyes closed and her hands circling an imaginary crystal ball.

Christabella rolled her eyes, "Feel what?"

Chrysantha opened her eyes and put on her serious look. Then she rested her hand on Christabella's shoulder, "It's gonna get complicated." Chrysantha let out a sigh and said, "He likes you... but you're MARRIED!"

"I know! You don't have to keep reminding me on that!"

Just then, Kelvin passed by and said "Hi" to Christabella.

"You see? That just proved it! You gotta explain to Kelvin!!!" Chrysantha said.

"Maybe he was just trying to be friendly?" Christabella suggested.

"Oh yeah! By slipping you his number? It's not that simple! Like, hello??? If you both are seen together, the whole school will tear down. Okay, maybe not literally, but... oh you know what I mean! The girls will hate you, not that they don't. But they will hate you MORE! And Zephy will treat you worse than ever, ever! You've already got the hottest guy in school! You can just... just get another hottest guy in school... second... hottest guy..." Chrysantha said manically.

"I already told him I was married," Christabella pointed out.

"Tell him again!" Chrysantha said.

"Okay fine!"

---------------------------------------------
During recess, Christabella went up to Kelvin and said, "Hi... we've... got to talk..."

"Okay, sure!" Kelvin said with a shrug and a grin.

"Let's go to a quieter place..." Christabella suggested/

"Okay, where?"

"How about the library?"

"Okay!" Kelvin agreed happily.

-----------------------------------------------
"Okay, where are we supposed to sit?" Kelvin asked quietly.

"Err... there!" Christabella said. It doesn't matter anyway. The library is always empty.

"So... I'm married," she said.

"You told me that yesterday," Kelvin said.

"I just want to be friends," she explained.

"Okay, we'll start off as friends," Kelvin said

"What do you mean 'start off'? We'll just be friends and we'll stay friends forever. Nothing is going to change. Nothing is supposed to change! Nothing more!" Christabella explained.

For awhile, there was just silence. Then slowly Kelvin nodded. Then said, "Why not?" sounding a bit hurt.

"Because I'm married," she said. Her shoulders slumped.

Kelvin laughed, "So because of that you, I mea, WE cannot be more than just friends?"

The librarian cleared her throat.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to be somebody's wife! Not supposed to be seeing anyone else! That will be an affair. We're not supposed to be here together in the first place!"

She started to gather her things and was ready to leave when she felt someone tug at her hands.

"Christabella, please reconsider it, wasting and sacrificing your happiness and yourself to a guy who don't love you is stupid. It's just ridiculous!" Kelvin said.

Christabella pulled her hand away, "I'm sorry, but I only like him... I love him. And I know, I believe, I'm not doing anything stupid... he loves me too!"

She didn't know that Zephyr was at the other side of the shelves and he's heard every single word of their conversation. He smiled to himself. He won.

Christabella left the library. Kelvin sat there, not believing that he'd been rejected or what had just happened. He was determined to get her, no matter what.

Zephyr picked up a few books and casually walked to the counter to check them out. He glanced side way at Kelvin. He felt a satisfaction. He took the books and walked out of the library.

WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment