Tuesday, June 7, 2011

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ O - Official

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

I found her.

My date for the prom.

Whitney Clinton.

Vice President of the Drama Club. Treasurer of the student body council. Spontaneous, funny, outgoing, genuine... you name it. To add a plus point, she's a real beauty too. I wonder why she doesn't have any secret admirers? Well, except for that Thompson guy. Maybe there is, but she just doesn't make it obvious.

"Kevin? You wanted to ask me something?" she looked at me hopefully. Snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah. Well, er...it's...nah...forget it." I couldn't string a gramatically correct sentence! This girl sure is something. She makes me nervous!

"You sure?" she half-smirked.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I lied, and then turned back to pretend like I'm calling a waitor to prevent her from seeing my flaring nose. That's my weakness. I can't lie without flaring my nose!

"You okay? You seem...nervous." she suspected something.

"Nervous? What?! Why on earth will I be nervous?! I'm fine! Really. You don't have to worry about me. You just worry about yourself. Your beautiful self." I mumbled in one breath. Gosh, that sounds embarassing.

"Okay then, I'll just worry about my beautiful self." she sneered.

"Yup. Correct." I caught back my breath.

Stupid lying and nervous habits...I muttered to myself.

"What did you say?" she lifted an eyebrow.

"Nothing. I said nothing." I replied abruptly. "Waitor! Bill please!"

"Hey Kevin?" she leaned a little closer towards me. "You ARE different. I always thought you were like every jock who only dates dumb blondes. And you wouldn't even care if I existed or not. Guess I shouldn't simply judge a person. But now, I finally saw the other side of you. You're just like every other guy with lying and nervous issues." she smirked.

"What?! Lying and nervous issues?!" I started fidgetting.

"Come on. Spit.It.Out." she emphasized each word.

I stared into her big brown eyes and she was staring back into mine. And then, her lips curved up into a huge grin. Someone once said that a smile is a curve that can set everything straight. They were right. And that was when my courage and confidence came back to me.

"Would you like to be my date to the prom?" I finally spat out the words.

"Now that wasn't so hard, right?" she teased. I really found someone real, thanks to the accident this afternoon. "I would love to."

"Really? Because you don't have to if you don't want to." I said hesitantly.

"Kev, really." she answered confidently. She touched my shoulder gracefully as if to assure me that she wasn't lying.

That splitsecond meant everything to me. That little touch sent me into a frenzy. It was something I've never felt before. I couldn't contain that overwhelming unknown emotion in me. It felt like beautiful butterflies finally free from the coccoons, its wings fluttering so hard as it faces its first encounter with flying.

"Your bill, sir." the waitor snapped me back into reality.

It's official.

I've fallen for Whitney Clinton.

JOANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment