Thursday, June 9, 2011

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ V - Valentine's Day

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

It has been exactly 3 months since we kissed. Since then, I had my doubts on whether I should continue seeing Kevin. He's sweet and nice and all but he took things too fast, that's why. Plus, he was going to graduate soon. I wouldn't be able to see him that often. I had no idea why I kissed him then. Now, I'm just...torn.

"Hey, Whitney! Guess who I saw standing by your locker?" Amanda smirked.

"Oh no. Kevin?" I cringed. At this point, I really don't understand my feelings anymore. I liked Kevin and thought he was different but after that kiss, I'm at crossed roads.

She shook her head. "Guess again."

Part of me was thankful it wasn't Kevin but part of me - a totally inexplicable part of me - hoped it is Jeremy. Though it's highly unlikely of Jeremy to be standing near any part of me and my stuff. It's like I have bad breath or something. Nevertheless, I guessed, "Jeremy?"

Amanda's smile widened and she said, "Go look for yourself."

I frowned but obeyed her. As I was on my way to my locker, other students stared at me, some even smiled. Confused and longing to find out the person at my locker, I quickened my pace.

"Whitney." he called.

"Jeremy." I replied. And then he did an out-of-this-world move - he bent down on one knee, pulled out a red rose and smiled. An audience already forming.

"I have waited for a long time to do this. Whitney, I love you. Will you be my valentine?" he held out the rose and looked at me hopefully.

The audience - mostly girls - were sort of on his side, encouraging me to accept until...

"HOLD IT!" a familiar voice shouted from a distance.

"Oh no." I slapped my forehead.

"Whitney." he called.

"Kevin." I said, forcing a smile. The audience was now stunned, they were silent.

"What happened, Whit? We liked each other. And we kissed." he said, emphasizing the last word.

"Kevin, this is not the right time." I replied.

"I love you, Whit. Be my valentine?" and then he knelt down beside Jeremy, who looked like he can rip his head off.

"Whoa. This drama is too much. I gotta go." I felt dizzy, running away from this scene felt like the best thing to do right now.

"No, no, no, no, no..." they both got up.

"You gotta choose between us." Jeremy suddenly said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"You just gotta do it." he replied and continued in a softer tone, "So that I know where I stand."

I looked at Amanda, she seemed to be enjoying this little drama but gave me an encouraging nod.

Why?!?!

JOANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment