Friday, June 17, 2011

WEINI - Starting With 'U' - Chapter 1

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"Hi ALICE!!!!!!" that, was Aaron.

I rolled my eyes, "ALYSE!"

"Alaise," he corrected himself.

"Alyse! Say Uh-lease..." I said, like I was teaching a kid to pronounce 'apple'.

"Uh-leeeeease..." Aaron dragged my name.

I frowned. You know, every single thing he does irritates/annoys/disturbs me. So it's really no point that he tries to make me laugh or happy because when he's around, there's only one expression I am capable of putting on my face, that is frowning.

"What?" I asked boredly.

"You know what?" he asked excitedly.

"Can I not know?" I sighed. Either way, he will still tell. Over the weeks, somehow, I don't know how, he had officially made himself my best friend because all he does is talk and talk and talk and talk and talk, to me.

"But I want you to know!" he said.

"Exactly," I said. "Either way, I will know. Whether I want it or not, so why don't you just get to the point and leave me alone in peace?" I snapped. I try to be mean to him, but he never, never, EVER get me.

"Well, guess what?" he asked excitedly.

"Do you want to tell or not? Because I don't want to waste time guessing something that I don't want to know to amuse you. Now just get-to-the-point and leave-me-in-peace, will you?" I told him rudely.

"Okay... I'm getting a new haircut!" he said happily.

"Uh huh! So you disturbed me to tell me that you are getting a haircut?" I asked, feeling angry for I don't know why. I mean, you are supposed to be angry! Whoever stops you from doing your work just to tell you they are getting a haircut?? When you get a haircut, everyone knows. That too, if anyone cares to notice. I pointed to my bored and frowning (okay, make that two expressions), "Do I look like I care? No. So stop talking to me, 'cause I really want to concentrate on my work. And for goodness' sake, can you not scratch the table with your pencil? It really gives me goosebumps," I said.

"Oh, sorry..." he mumbles.

"Mmm.."

He was silent the whole day after that.

That's how it is every single day. He'd suddenly pop up with a random statement and I'd snap back at him and then it all ends in silence for the rest of the day. That's if it was a lucky day for me. If it's an unlucky day, he might come up with another random statement and then he'd start babbling again. Then I would just ignore and give him a nod to indicate that I was alive at all, at the right intervals...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
When school ended that day, he said, "Bye Alice!!!"

I said bye back. Then I realised he said my name wrongly, I turned around to correct him but someone collided with me and I fell down, flat on my butt. But the other person was still standing up.

I caught a glimpse of Aaron climbing into his car and I let my eyes roll up and sighed. Then I looked up and mumbled a 'sorry' and I saw light. I saw HIM. It was like I was seeing God... his face was dark because it was the sun right behind his head. It was just like seeing God, I am confirmed.

It was Gabriel Sanchez... it was him, alright. Even though his face was in shadows, I know it was him because only he will have light shining around his head.

"Are you alright?" said him to me. He-talked-to-me!!!

"I think I am..." I said dreamily. Oh my God! That was a stupid thing to say.

He held out his hand and said, "Here, let me help you..."

I took his hand and he hoisted me up. He was strong too. When I stood on my own feet, I mumbled a thanks and he grinned then said, "No problem!" and walked off.
For the first time in 2 years!!! He FINALLY talked to me. Now I sound like some immature teenagers in novels. Okay, well, I was happy. Now he knows I exist!

I think my knees were going to buckle under me when he smiled. My stomach was so twisted. I feel so dizzy... with LURVE...

---------------------------------------------------------

Aaron called me that night, and I have no idea how he got my number. The only people who knows my number is my sister (who is annoying and loves teasing me about my results just because she's better and loves taking my things without asking for permission FIRST and also just because she's older than me, she thinks she can bully me and order me around. Anyway, I'd get to that part later), my brother (who is closer to me than my sister, I like him the most out of my two siblings. He's the oldest and he's fun to be around with) and also my parents and Lara, my best friend (but we are not that close actually, because she's the only person I ever talk to other than my family members. I'm a loner.)

"Hi Alice!" the person who called me said.

"Alyse," I corrected.

"Alaise," the guy repeated.

"It's Alyse!!! Uh-lease! Do we have to go through the same 'procedure' every single day!!!???" I shouted at the phone.

"How did you know it was me?" he asked.

"I don't know who you are. But if you're Aaron, which sounds suspisciously like you, then get off the phone now! But if you're someone else, then I'm sorry for shouting," I dared to say that because I know it was Aaron. I can never mistake that annoying voice that buzzed in my ears every single day at school and every single night in my nightmares. It's just like me never mistaking Gabriel for Aaron. It's that simple.

"Well, I didn't call you to get off the phone," that, confirmed that the speaker was Aaron.

"What is it that you want?" I snapped.

"I just want to tell you that your notebook is with me..." he said.

"What notebook? I never lend you any notebook..." I said boredly. Then I realised, I only have ONE notebook and it's the one where I write all the embarrassing stuff in. Private and confidential!

"The one with the spiral and flowers on the cover and it says 'Alice Rallison' on the first page 'a.k.a Mrs Sanchez' and the second page is..."

"Enough! Close the book right now!!!" I cut in.

"Okay... that was cheesy..." he said, I can sense a smirk in his voice.

"How did you get my phone number?" then I realised that was a stupid question to ask because I wrote it in the notebook. "Never mind about that. So when are you giving it back to me?"

"Uh... tomorrow?" he said.

"Okay, good. Bye!" I said, I was going to hang up then I heard him say something.

"Sorry? What did you say?" I pressed the speaker to my ear again.

"I said, 'On second thought, I don't think I want to give it back to you tomorrow.', that's what I said. Bye!" he said and the phone clicked.

"What?!?!" I shouted helplessly into the phone.

I tried to dial his number but he didn't pick up. Now, I am panicking. What if he read all the poems and cheesy things I wrote in there? What if he read all the bad stuff I wrote about him? How am I supposed to say sorry? No wait, why would I care? But then... oh my God! So many thought were swirling in my head.

What if... what if... what if he told everyone about my crush? Omigod! Omigod! This is a nightmare!!!

I have to make him give it back and make him swear on his heart and hope to die that he won't tell anyone about what he read. If he knows what's privacy (which I really hope he does) then it's okay... but... what can be the worst case scenario?

Shyte. I. Am. So. Dead!

WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment