Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WEINI - Starting With 'U' - Chapter 5

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

Finally!

The day I've been waiting for, for the past two weeks! It's the day my recess is finally Aaron-free! I was smiling all the way to school. Even when I was in the toilet. No doubt, when I brush my teeth of course! And I got my notebook back! Aaron haven't even say anything or called my name wrongly! He just tapped me on the shoulder and passed it to me then he walked off.

Then, this really horrible news blasted my ears on this particular morning...

Gabriel has a girlfriend.
I know right? How horrible is that? When I am finally Bug-free, this kinda thing just have to happen. I didn't even pay attention in class. Not like I always do, but I couldn't even be bothered to try to, today. When my History teacher asked when did World War 2 happen, I couldn't even answer! That was like, the easiest question my teacher ever asked (well, she asks easy questions when she finds someone has floated to the castle in the sky... which means, I failed in pretending like I was paying attention, but as I said, I couldn't even be bothered.)

Who IS that girl? Why did Gabriel choose her? Is she pretty? Maybe she is smart, like him. I was wondering and wondering.

Then, recess came. I was supposed to be happy, but I wasn't. I ate my food thoughtlessly and didn't even notice Aaron was sitting in front of me as usual until he asked, "Is something wrong?"

I think he asked a few times and I didn't respond, because he started shaking my shoulders lightly. Why was he here? Two weeks of torture wasn't enough for him? I think, like how he made himself my best friend, he had also made this his seat.

I didn't have the mood to snap at him, so I just shook my head. However, he didn't let it pass so lightly, that brat! He kept asking what I want before I said (yes, I said. I didn't snap), "What I want is that you keep quiet or go away."

He didn't say anything after that, much to my relief.

I started doodling and writing in my notebook again. Then Lara came over and told me the same thing I heard this morning, that Gabriel has got himself a girlfriend. And that person was someone from my class, Stephanie Weatherly.

NOW I have started wondering what I am missing. Stephanie is nice. She's average looking, she's not any smarter than me. She's just... average... like me. I kept wondering if she had this wild streak when she's outside school, you know, like put on heavy make ups, wear mini leather skirts and body-hugging V-neck shirts. Yet, when I thought about it, I didn't think Gabriel was the kinda person who likes crazy girls.

The first impression of Stephanie on me was that, she's tiny. Yeap, like super tiny. And Gabriel was super tall. Then I thought about when they kiss, which disgusted me and at the same time, made me laugh. I just can't imagine how, they are gonna kiss. Gabriel would have to stoop super low or she can jump and kiss him or stand on a small stool or something. Stephanie was quiet too, like me.

So what was it that Gabriel saw in her and not me?

Lara said, "I'm sorry, sis. But seems like Mr Charming's taken. Any new targets?"

That didn't help a bit. She made it sound like I'm someone who would let go of someone so easily. I felt more hurt. How can she say that? She knew how much I feel for Gabriel...

To make matter worse, my sister had to add a piece of rotten cherry on a pile of dung. She was finding for her nail file. How in the hell would I know where she left it? Not like I know how it looks like anyway. She never let me come into her room. Our house is like that big, and her nail file is like super small. And her room was a super mess, could be worse than a post-hurricane. She wanted my help and I helped. Then she blamed me for not finding her 5 dollars nail file.

Like seriously? Who spents 5 dollars on nail file? You can get one for like 1 dollar. I don't even use a nail file... well, I bite my fingernails, so no need for that. It's faster and cheaper. Not very neat though, but still a pass under the discipline teacher's nose.

She was like, "You're not trying hard enough,"

And I was stuck in the middle of a stack of books (almost towering DANGEROUSLY over me) by the wall and a pile of dirty clothes (actually, I don't even know if it's dirty or clean, I don't think she has a proper wardrobe) and some CDs, some of which are broken. I replied, "Yeah right, I'm not trying hard enough. I'm just lingering around your messy room with a stack of books threatening to topple over me and some broken CDs to cut my soles. You know what? I'm so outta here!"

You. Should. Have. Seen. Her. Face! Hah!

However, when I was not arguing with my sister at home, I was alone in the room, mourning over my lost chance with Gabriel. I couldn't take it anymore, bearing with this alone, I called Lara to 'share my pain'. She was with her boyfriend, Brandon. Brandon is a really cute guy and they both kinda match. After awhile, I felt that Lara was quite distracted by Brandon, so I lied that I was fine and hung up.

I was all alone. I screamed into my pillow (they say it helps, but really, it didn't). Then I kicked the chair (they make it seems so painless in the movies) to which I regret because I broke my toenail. Then I screamed more until my voice was hoarse and I couldn't scream anymore.

Then I did the unpredictable, unexpectable and impossible... I called Aaron. Well, now I have 3 reasons for calling him:
1)Because there is no other friends I can trust.
2)Because I only have one friend and that is Lara, who is busy with her boyfriend.
3)Because I only have Lara and Aaron's number on my phone. And of course my family members'.

So, I called him to talk about it. He picked up on the second ring. Which was really fast. I didn't know how to start. In fact, what was ironic was that, I was the caller, but he started talking.

I don't know how or why, but we ended up talking about music. And turns out, we both like the same music, and he plays the piano! Like wow! I like piano, but I don't play the piano. I'm a music-instrument retard. And I felt so much better. Unbelievable! When I was getting to the part where I was gonna start whining, I heard a grunt. I asked, "Huh?"

No reply. "Hello???" still no reply.

Then I heard a click. He hung up on me! I tried calling back, but his phone was off. Great! Just great. That was really nice, Aaron. Keep it up, and I'd keep up with my hating. And I'm good at that.

You mark my words.

WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment