Thursday, June 9, 2011

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ V - Vow

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

It was the night of the senior prom. Whitney and Kevin were somewhere in the school auditorium twirling around in fancy clothes. And I was at home, lying on my bed with a temperature of 38 degree celsius. I was sick, lovesick. And there wasn't anything I can do about it.

"Dude! What are you doing?! Your girl is out there with Kevin Gray! And you're here, wasting your time!" Wade just blasted into my room.

"Hi, Wade. Go away, Wade." I said unenthusiastically. I pulled my blanket and sank deeper into my bed.

"Wade." I heard Amanda say. "Hey Jeremy. How are you feeling?"

"I'm asleep. Go away." I fake-snored.

"Fine then." she answered. "But let me tell you this. Whitney will never be yours if all you do is lie here and pretend to be sick! All these years, Wade and I have been coming out with wacky plans for you to talk to her and ask her out. And this is what we get from you? If you really loved Whitney, you would have stopped her from dating Kevin! But you were too scared to face the rejection. Well, you never try you never know, right? And if you really want her to be yours, you wouldn't have given up so easily! Do you really think she's worth giving up so easily? Think about it." and then she stormed off.

"She's right." Wade said and closed the door behind him.

Ouch.

I felt a tear trickled down my face. It landed on my lips. It tasted salty. It hurts. The pain in my chest seemed to be hurting more. I shut my eyes. More tears poured out from my eyes. It stung. The tears kept flowing down till it left a stain on my pillow. They were right.

It has been too long since I've kept this feeling inside me. Too long till I forgotten the reason why I loved her. Loving her was a part of me. And if I let her go, it'll mean I'll be letting go a part of me. It wouldn't be the same anymore.

I had to do something.

My hair? My skin? My looks? My sense of clothing? My grades? My social reputation?

No. If I changed any of that, that wouldn't be me either. I just need to be myself. But being myself would mean making a complete fool of myself in front of her! I can't do it.

But my friends believed that I can do it. They always had my back. Although Amanda was a big fan of Kevin, she still supported me instead of him. Everyone believed that I can do it. Except me.

All I needed was to put a little more faith in myself.

I can do it. I can do it!

I just need a little more time.

And just in case I go back against my word, I, Jeremy Thompson, hereby vow to have Whitney Clinton as my own.

JOANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment