Saturday, June 18, 2011

WEINI - Starting With 'U' - Chapter 3

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

I was feeling as if everyone was looking at me today. Did they know? About my secret crush?? Did they know that I write love poems?

Then I saw Gabriel, laughing with his friends, as usual, outside The Elite Class. I felt my heart stop. What was he laughing about? Did he know? I want to melt into the background right now. It's not wrong to like someone, is it? Then a familiar voice called out, "Hi ALICE!"

It's like he did it on purpose, to irritate me. Now I didn't care what was happening, if anyone was talking about me. I. AM. ANGRY.

"What is your problem, Aaron? Why can't you just get my damn name right? It's Alyse! Not ALICE!!! DO YOU GET IT!" I said from a hiss to a full-scale-shouting.

NOW everyone's looking at me. I can see Aaron's face, shocked into silence. His eyes bulged. I was panting. Of anger? Or because I shouted?

"Oh, erm... sorry... Alyse," he apologised uncomfortably.

I sighed and said, "No... it's my fault. I'm sorry. I don't know what's got into me..."

He mumbled something, but I couldn't get what he said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Huh what?" he asked back.

"What did you say? You said something..." I said.

"I didn't say anything," he denied.

"Yes, you did!" I pushed.

"No, I didn't!" he denied again.

"Yes, you did!" I said louder this time.

"No, I didn't!" his voice rose too.

This went on for awhile until everyone was staring at us again.

Then someone said, "Why don't you just go somewhere, kiss and make up?"

There was a silence between Aaron and I. My face flushed. I felt it. Aaron looked away then cleared his throat. Then I started, "So are you... where is... the... my... when are you... going to... give my notebook back to me?"

"I dunno," he admitted.

"What about now?" I asked, hoping that he would.

"Now? Oh, not now," he said.

"Why?" I asked, feeling my anger level rising again.

"Just because," he simply replied.

"WHAT?!?!" I whispered loudly. "Hey! My anger level is right here just now," I put my hand below my neck, indicating my 'anger level', "Now it's here... somewhere!" I put my hand above my head and waving like I was chasing some fly away.

"That is not even part of your body," he said. Was he trying me? I can practically feel steam coming out of my ears and nose. And I can feel fire on my tongue and the only thing I want to do is to spit it at Aaron's face.

"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!" I hissed loudly. If this is going to continue like this, then I'd probably die because:
1)My blood veins burst.
2)My heart pumped too hard it got dislocated.
3)I burnt myself with the 'fire' within me.
4)The heat of my anger burnt my brain cells.

He grinned. Man, I want to slap him right now! He still have the cheek to grin! GRIN! What is wrong with this picture???

"Okay, okay! I'd give it back on one condition!" he said, holding up one finger.

"There is a condition???" I asked. Like what??? That is my notebook! He stole it... wait. Did he steal it?

"How did you get my notebook in the first place?" I asked suspiciously.

"You left it on your table," he replied with a shrug.

"Oh, I did... I did?" I asked.

"Yea, you did," he repeated.

"So what is the condition?" I asked. Then realising what I just gave into, I asked again, "Why IS there a condition? That's my notebook!"

"Because you misplaced it," he replied with The Grin.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, what is 'the condition'?" I asked.

"The condition is that, you have to go recess with me for two weeks," he said happily.

I felt my mouth open and my jaws broke loose from its place and the screw came off. Then, my jawbone hit the floor the moment my heart stopped pumping.

"Tw... two... two weeks," I stuttered.

"Yea, then you'd get your notebook back. Safely," he said.

Safely? What did he meant safely? Is he going to tear out the pages? Or is he going to photocopy all the embarrassing poems and send it out to every student in the school? What if he photocopied all of it and publish it as a book for all the student? Or he will flush down all the important things that I jot down as a reminder down the toilet? All the horrible pictures went through my mind like a blurr of films.

"What if I didn't?" I asked carefully.

"Then you're never gonna get it back," he replied.

Oh shit! That's it. My life! The end!

"Fine," I said, and I can't believe I said that.

"Fine, good!" he said, with The Grin again.

I sulked for the whole day.

---------------------------------------------------------
During recess, Aaron tagged behind me like an excited fool. You can imagine with his Grin and his tongue lolled out to the side and eyes shining like some kids going to the themepark or something.

"So, do you have any siblings?" he asked, when we sat down at the usual table I sit at.

"No... I mean yes..." I said mindlessly.

His cocked his eyebrows, "O-kay... I have a brother. An annoying brother, he steals my PSP and plays my 'saved game' slot all the time and lose all the time, his name is Areli," he said.

"I know, you told, but isn't that a girl's name," I asked boredly. I can't believe I'm still stuck with him for 13 more recesses. THIRTEEN! Bad number... bad luck... I'm starting to hate him more. Why of all people he chose me to annoy? Yet, I felt bad that I thought his brother's name was a girl's name.

"I did, didn't I? Well, my parents wanted a girl. But well, it was a boy. But they already got a name, so he was named Areli. He acts like a girl anyway." he said, like it was the most normal thing in the world to say.

I totally know his brother's feeling. For having an unusual name. So I gave him that look that says, "What?"

"I'm going to have a haircut," he said.

"Yes, you told me that. Yesterday, " I said with a yawn. An exaggerated yawn. Is he serious? Or did he have a short term memory?
"Yea, I did tell you that, so what are we gonna do now?" he asked excitedly.

"Eat?" I said. Isn't it obvious? It's recess, we come to the canteen and we eat. What else do we do?

"Oh! Yea! Eat!" he said, as if it's the most exciting thing to do in the universe.

"Yeah, now shut up and eat your food," I pointed to his untouched food. I was already half way done.

"Right," he said, starting in on his food.

He finished before I did.

Now, I'm gonna bore him to death. I wish I can literally do that. You know, BORE-HIM-TO-DEATH.

Sigh...

WEINI

2 comments:

  1. Weini.. Seriously... Don't emphsize too much on the same stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete