Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Oh my gosh, is it really you?"

"Oh my gosh, is it really you?" I stared at an equally shocked face, one that I thought I will never see again in a million years.

He has grown so much taller. His hair cropped and neat -- like he just finished military school. His body a lot more broader and muscular, I must say. His muscles flexed in a two-size-too-small shirt. He had abs and was well toned. I noticed he had a piercing on his right ear, absolutely hot. And I noticed a tattoo under his left wrist that said "3STM" -- he still loves that band. But one thing I know, he is nothing like the guy that left me heartbroken five years ago.

I remember that fateful morning, it was our third year anniversary for being together. I had planned the most unforgettable third year anniversary surprise for him. I just knew it was going to be perfect. Little did I know...

I woke up to a beautiful morning, the sunlight was shining on my face through the blinds in my room. I stretched and breathed in a whiff of fresh morning air -- nothing could spoil my mood today. As soon as I finished my breakfast, I drove my way to the florist to pick up the roses I have ordered.

"There you go, two dozen roses. Pink, red, white, and everything you asked for." the florist wrapped it up and passed them to me.

"Thank you!" I paid the money and left.

I knew where he always goes to in the morning so I drove to this little shed where he and his band have their practise. He gave me an extra key for the shed so I could go in whenever I wanted.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. I sighed, there's a lot of work to do.

I had packed lasagna and meatloaf -- his two favourite food -- the night before for our date later. I set a table and placed it on top. A table for two. I had brought a mat where we could lie down after the meal. I prepared an album full of his favourite love songs and played it in a player. I set some roses on the table and mat and then sprinkled the rest on the floor. I closed the curtains to create a romantic ambience and then I slipped into a dress which I bought specially for this occasion. It was bright red, short and skimpy. I put on some bright red lipstick and waited for him to arrive. I was ready to roll.

Ten minutes later, I heard the rumbling of the engine of a truck. I scurried to the other door and waited to surprise him.

The door opened.

"Why hello there, sexy." I said in a deep low voice. I was feeling sexy, alright?

He stared at me for two seconds and said, "Baby, I love you, but we're over." and without any explanation, he just walked out and left me there -- speechless, dumbfounded, numb and confused.

I thought he'll turn back and hug me and squeeze me and say that he was just joking. It didn't take me four seconds to realize he was serious. I looked around at the room I just decorated for him, so much for the perfect day. The second he left my life, I could feel my life slowly slipping away. I knew I wouldn't get over him. Since then, I've never seen him again until...

We stared at each other for at least a whole minute. Neither of us spoke. Should I walk away? Talk to him? Ask him why he left me without any reasons. So many questions I had for him but I never really thought I would have the chance to ask him.

"It's Julia, right?" he finally broke the silence.

I gave him one final cold stare and decided to walk away.

"FYI, it's Julie." showed my talk-to-the-hand sign and left him there -- speechless, dumbfounded, numb and confused -- how he left me five years ago.

Oh yeah. I so totally gotten over him.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So casual! teacher let you write FYI!?!??! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no la. I don't think all these love love story can write for exams. But I wonder how much teacher will give me if I really wrote this. o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, man. Awesomeness overload. Julie is so cool, haha. That dude totally deserved the talk-to-the-hand sign! GREAT WORK, JO! :D

    ReplyDelete