Saturday, September 3, 2011

Good Bye My Love and Our Friendship

It's been eight days.
I feel wasted.
Patience, I only have patience.
They say, sometimes, doing nothing is doing everything.
Yes, I tried to do something.
I tried so hard, I'm so tired now.
All my efforts...
Going down the drain.
You know how it feels when people don't appreciate your efforts, but have you EVER appreciate others'?
Have you ever seen what others do for you?
What your family, your friends do for you?
I'm so tired now, I've decided it's time I stop trying.
Stop trying, mourn a little for our friendship.
Huh!
Our friendship which you say is not possible anymore.
A friendship... which I feel so heavy-hearted to part with.
But I'd mourn a little for it.
I'm not heartless.
I'd probably move on.
Yea, I'd do that.
Perhaps one day, when we meet again, if we ever, we'd smile and retrospect our silly days together.
Foolish tears shed.
Silly days... that's what they always say.
But it's not silly for me... yet.
It's serious, it's hurtful.

People take my patience for granted.
I know that, but I don't know why I still let people do that.
It's so sickening.
Now, I don't want to do anything.
Why is that so hard?
I tried to stop you because you are heading towards the cliff.
I don't want you to plunge into the ocean's dark.
I want to save you before it's too late.

I don't want to be the person to always say sorry first.
To break the ice.
I want to hold my ego for once, just this once.
I want to be selfish just this once.
But sometimes, feelings muddle up your head.
Sometimes, feelings make you do stupid things.
But I don't want to be stupid anymore.
I'm glad you know you break hearts with your ego.
Yes, your ego is THAT heavy.
But just knowing is not good enough...
It's not good enough.
Knowing it and DOING something about it, is something that should be done.
Sometimes, who knows when, the outcome for how you reacted to it might be desirable.
Don't think you know everyone's mind and everyone's next words.
Because everything is unpredictable.
Life is full of surprises...

The world doesn't revolve around you.
But you could be the centre of the universe for someone.
And also, sweeping the dirt under the carpet only makes the place seem presentable, it doesn't make the place cleaner.

So I shall bury this friendship 6 feet under and move on.
I shall mourn for it and visit it in my memory from time to time.
I shall move on with life.
But I will never forget all of it.
How it's been part of my life and how it's changed my life for the better...
And how it's departure, has also deeply changed my life.
Now, a part of my life is gone.
I wish it never did.
I wish it would return.
But sometimes, letting go of the things you love the most, is setting yourself free.
Someday, that missing slot, will be filled.
I regret the times together I didn't cherish.
But I'm grateful for the times it was still around.
Thank you.
And good bye.

2 comments:

  1. Huh... So emotional.... I THINK I can guess who that is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is supposed to be an emotional love letter. And sometimes, guessing isn't good! So don't!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete