Wednesday, June 15, 2011

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ E - End

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

So, I went to college and tried to lead a new life. I met new friends, took up extra courses, started a new hobby but I can't seem to forget the one person I wanted to forget so badly.

I know Whitney is somewhere out there with Jeremy. I should have known. The way she gazed into his eyes that day, I knew that that was a gaze only for him. Because I've never seen that before.

I shouldn't have took things too fast. It's my fault I lost her. It is indeed a great loss. Being with Whitney made me feel so happy. The kind of joy I never had before. When I was down, she knew how to turn my frown into a smile. When she laughed, it's like the whole world's laughing with her too. Everything seemed so natural. She was one of a kind.

But Jeremy deserved her more. He'd loved her eversince third grade. He knew every part of her. Even the tiniest detail which some people might overlook. He knew what to do when something happened to her. He was a much better guy for Whitney than I am. I felt jealous of what she has. Jeremy was like her guardian angel. Maybe someday I'll be someone's guardian angel. And someone else will be jealous of us. For now, I'm happy for them.

"Oops! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" a girl apologized.

Deja vu. I thought to myself. "No, no! My fault for not concentrating on the road." And then I helped her pick up her books which were scattered everywhere.

"Thanks." she smiled. "Emily."

"Kevin." I helped her up. "You're new here?"

She nodded. "Law. You?"

"Wow." I said, impressed. "Architecture. Basketball ain't my thing after all."

"Ah, I get it. You're the basketball team captain and everyone's placed high hopes on you. You train and practise all day and night. Thinking that basketball's your thing. But suddenly, you just lose your interest." she shrugged.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Cause I was the head cheerleader." she answered.

"Wow. Head cheerleader does law. Impressive." I said.

"And the team captain does architecture. Double impressive." she added.

"Say, why not you join me for lunch. And we'll see what else we have in common." I suggested.

"I say yes." she agreed.

Well, let's just say I got lucky...twice.

JOANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment