Monday, June 27, 2011

WEINI - Starting With 'U' - Chapter 7

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

It's two days now and I still can't face the fact that Gabriel is taken. Also, the fact that Aaron hung up on me for no reason? For whatever reason, I can't help but feel sorry for myself. I'm in the phase of self-pity. Poor, poor me...

I went to school, determined to continue ignoring Aaron. You know, I love my plan, a lot. He tried to speak to me yesterday, but I avoided him. We'd get even. And I'd show you how. Lara walked up to me in the school halls. She was like the usual Lara. Gave me a pat on the back, a little too hard. And then, she'd go, "Dude, you gotta eat up, it feels like I can pat you like that and you'd crumble to the floor..."

And I'd mumble, "Then stop doing it."

But Lara is always like that. I don't know why, and I don't bother to find out why. It's not like she's trying to kill me or something. Right?

Target in sight : Aaron Rodriguez

"Hi ALICE!" Aaron greeted. Lara rolled her eyes.

I was furious. Scorching furious. Like ssssssssttttt scorchin'. But I bit my tongue and tried to ignore him.

"Alice?" Aaron asked.

"It's Alyse!" Lara snapped.

Thank God Lara was there. Or else, I would have give into my temptation to snap back, slap him, hit him, punch him and lay a bruise on every part of his skin available until the bruises became his second skin colour. I think it's Fate that brought us together, cruel Fate. I just don't know why I get irritated by him. Every single time. No, actually, I DO know why, because I need someone to release my tension on. Since he's new, I'd just put it all on him.

Why not?

"Sorry, Uh-leaaaase... I kinda slept off, that night... I am really sorry... really..." Aaron explained.

I held my hand up. He stopped talking. I walked away. I felt pride in my steps, at the same time, I felt something wrong... tingling deep in my heart. But I can't seem to lay a finger on it. Is it guilt? Or confusion? Frustration? Anger?

Well, I don't know. I walked to my class and spent the whole day reminding myself to not respond to Aaron. Aaron kept talking to me, I don't if he was blind or he's just dumb that he couldn't see I was not even nodding like I usually do... maybe he's just dumb... too bad!

Anyway, that night, I went to sleep feeling weird. Avoiding Aaron is hard because I have to keep reminding myself to not respond to Aaron's babbling. It's really tiring you know? I think I slept cause I suddenly was in my classroom and I can't seem to finish my English paper. And English is one of my favourite subjects! How can I???

Suddenly, I was woken up by the shrill ring of my mobile phone. I reached out for my phone and declined the call. After a few moments, it rang again. Gawd? Who calls people this late? This is so crazy? Maybe it's wrong number? I should just keep declining the call until the stupid caller finally realise that it's a wrong number.

After the 5th ring, I picked it up and said drowsily, "Hello? I think you called the wrong number..." I opened my right eye and squinted at my alarm clock. 2AM??? Who calls at 2AM???

"Uh... I don't think I called the wrong number, Alyse," a familiar voice said down the phone.

"Oh, you know me?" I asked sleepily, as my mind searched for the voice recognition section.

"I'm sorry for calling you this late," that person apologised.

"If you're sorry, you wouldn't call me at 2 AM IN THE FREAKIN' MORNING! Now, it doesn't like an emergency, can I go back to sleep now?" I snapped.

"Sorry, but it is an emergency," the person explained.

"What emergency? And who are you anyway? How'd you get my number?" I asked.

"Oh, erm... please don't hang up," the caller pleaded.

"Wait, you're... Aaron!!!" I said suddenly, as realisation kicked in. I was ready to hang up but he said...

"Yes, please let me explain...3 minutes?"

"30 seconds..." I said.

"1 and a half minutes?" he pleaded.

"15 seconds..." I replied, sleepily.

"30 seconds..." he finally agreed.

"29, 28, 27, 26..." I started counting.
"I'm sorry that I hung up. I can't help it, I was too tired. I slept... I promise you that won't ever happen again," Aaron explained.

"Hmm..." I thought. Should I forgive him? Yawn... Well, whatever! I just know my bed is really comfortable and my Kingdom of Slumber is awaiting me on the other side... I can literally hear the birds sing, taste the fresh air on my tongue... ahh... this, is what I call Paradise... the rainbows... the azure blue sky... it's soooo... perfect...

RRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!

Wha... huh??

I opened up my eyes. I was so tired. And this Aaron is still bugging me... like my alarm clock... sigh...

Wait, my alarm clock??

OH MY GOD!

OH MY GOD!!!

IT'S MORNING!!! Damn it, I'm late!!! I'm supposed to wake up when my digital alarm clock beeps, but this is the bell alarm clock... that means... I'M SUPER LATE!!!

I rushed to the bathroom. Took my shower while brushing my teeth. Oh shyte! The heater! I forgot to turn on the heater! My toothbrush ended up in the toilet bowl by accident, again. Then I wore my uniform inside out, so I had to take it out and wear it again which took me about 3 minutes to untangle when the zip got caught in my hair. Then I drank my Vico. Actually, I ate it and washed it down with hot water and burnt my tongue in the process. I grabbed and folded the French toast into a smaller square and stuffed it down my throat while I was running to the bus stop but missed the bus because I was choking on the toast.

Well, after all that suffering and self-torture, I was still late. Too bad...

Upon reaching school, I saw Aaron running, his hair dishevelled and his uniform messy, from the opposite direction. We couldn't stop in time and collided into each other. Then, we were both late for class. Just great!

As usual, we both are the latest people to reach class. And as usual, our teacher gave us The Tardiness Lecture despite the reasonable excuse I gave about missing my bus because I was busy sticking my finger down my throat to get the stuck toast out of my trachea. Well, too bad, she's just too old to remember that she was once late for school too... I think... she's the kinda lady who, according to Lara, never had a full scoop of ice-cream in her life before (Lara's way of saying enjoying life. I can agree, because we both love ice-cream!)

Aaron whispered to me, on the way back to our seats, "I guess we're equal... now that you've slept on me too. And hey! I recorded your snores..." my jaw dropped and he winked. He winked! Oh my God! Someone could have lined his right eye with super glue so that he'd never open his eyes when he winked. Hah! That'd serve him right!

"Don't worry, I'd just post it in the school's website," Aaron leaned in and whispered.

"Try doing that, and you'd understand why girls wear panties instead of boxers!" I hissed in reply.

I see his face paled, and I smirked.

We're equal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment