Saturday, December 18, 2010

WEINI - I Love Him Not - Chapter 4 - A Twist in Nightmare


In the car...

"Good morning Mrs Jonathan..." Christabella greeted.

"Happy birthday, Christabella!" Mrs Jonathan chirped. "It's your engagement day, isn't it? Lovely day huh?"

Zephyr rolled his eyes. Christabella blushed... Oh my GOD! Christabella thought. Mrs Jonathan don't get started again...

"Andrew, you better take care of her in the school! Don't let her get bullied and you don't bully her either! Do you understand?" Mrs Jonathan told Zephyr and gave Christabella a wink. Christabella shuddered. She felt really awkward.

"Mmm... what if I get bullied? She'll come save me?" Zephyr mumbled. Christabella blushed more.

The car came to a halt in front of the school.

"Alright! Get out! Go on! Quick!" Mrs Jonathan ushered. "You're both late..."

"All because of Christabella!" Andrew hissed.

Christabella gave him the look that says 'shut up! Or else...' but Andrew just pretended that he didn't see that.

---------------------------------------------------

In school hallway...

"Miss Mitchell and Mr Jonathan! Why aren't both of you in your respective classes? Dating in school's hallway is not a reason to be late! I know you're both getting engaged tonight. But school rules are school rules! Detention during recess and by the way happy birthday Miss Mitchell and happy engagement day to both of you! Now go on!" Mrs Sasatricks' voice boomed yet her face shows no emotion whatsoever.

Uh! Sometimes I wonder why Mrs Sasatricks can't spare me of my already miserable life. AND it has to be on my sweet sixteen birthday! Now, that just sucks! Big time!!! How very nice of her. Pfft! Yeah right, now tell me about staying at home on your sixteenth birthday. I mean, don't they always do that? Skip school for the day, get high with your friends ( I mean in a positive way) and/or sleep the whole day off like nobody's business! Now, that sound like a plan to me! WOhoo! I love my plan! That's just go genius of me! Oh look! I am crapping to my innerself again! So don't mind me! Now shoo shoo!

"Oooii retard!" now that annoying voice snapped me out of daydream. "Don't you wanna start moving before Mrs Sasatricks gives us another detention?" Zephyr hissed. I gave Zephyr a killer look. With our shoulders slumped and our heart threatening to lash out at each other like a cat fight, we walked to our class.

"All your fault! Retard!" Zephyr whispered angrily.

"No it's not!" I whispered back loudly.

"Walk faster!" we both winced at the booming voice. She could be a loudspeaker, she could just get a living from being a street human-loudspeaker advertiser, if you know what I mean. "You're already late and you are still taking your own sweet time?"

We both ran to our class. Oh well, that woman just love to see us kids/teenagers/whatever to run away, scared. That mean old woman witch! Argh!

--------------------------------------------------
"Catch you in the gym, Zebra!" Mike said. Mike is Zephyr's best buddy. Don't ask me why he calls him Zebra, because I have no idea why.

"Can't, caught late for class with retard! Have got myself into detention..." Zephyr replied. Hah! If only I was physically there, he'd have died of strangulation! With my, uh huh *nods*, wrestlers' arms (just a metaphor, I love to daydream) he'd be left with no chance! No chance at all!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *coughs* *coughs*... uh... excuse me... still gotta work on the evil laugh. Anyway...

"Wow! Zebra in detention? That's so... out of mind dude! Gosh! Girls are so troublesome!" Mike sighed. Oh, I can imagine if any girls heard that at all. He'd be dead in no less than a nano-second! Well, just for your information guys out there, just be careful when you try to put 'troublesome' and 'girls' in the same sentence. Just hope there aren't any girls in earshot or else...

Suddenly, there was a loud metal drumming sound at the other end of the hallway.

"OUCH!" I said. Owh that's me... now lemme continue with the story.

"I heard you're going to be engaged tonight. To Zephyr? How can that happen? He's mine!!! MINE!!!" she screamed. "How can he likes you? He doesn't like you! What does his parents see in you? You're a psycho!" she cries in a really dramatically bimbo way. "Psycho!" her parrots parroted. Embarrassing really. She looked like she desperately need a facial emotion make over. With her nose scrunched up, lips down at both ends and trembling and bloodshot eyes that look like they might spill tears any second now, come to think of that! She's not THAT pretty...

She's Catherine, the Bimbo. The Queen Bee. The Drama Queen. Whatever you want to call her, I prefer the Bimbo, thank you.

"You're not pretty, rich nor clever! You're stupid! All you do is play that thing where you throw some dumb balls into baskets! You're useless! Idiot!" she cried, her hand making a beeline for my hair. Students were already crowding around us and someone shouted, "Ooo! Look! Cat fight!" and everyone came rushing over like some hungry elephants, to take a look at me getting bashed up like a pulp. I'm not gonna survive this. I closed my eyes hard.

That's the thing with high school... no one ever comes to save you from getting bashed. No one goes running to the teachers and go "Teacher teacher teacher! Catherine is bashing Christabella up!" Nope, they just crowd around and witness the wrestle.

"Uh... that's called basketball... just in case you don't know... hehe," I said, giving a nervous laugh. Then angrily, she pulled my hair so hard it felt like as if she's trying to pull every each strand of my hair out and my head when with it and hit it hard against the locker.

"Owww! Let go!" I howled. I felt a bit dizzy by now. So much of drama. And pain. I think I'm gonna black out anytime now.

"Let her go," I heard a cold voice said. Zephyr.

"Zephyr?" Catherine said, letting go of my hair. "I didn't mean to hurt her, I just want to let her know that she's not good enough for you..." she said with an innocent, puppy dog eyes. Eww *goosebumps rising*...

"You're no better," Zephyr said coldly.

"What?! I know she made you do that engagement thing! You don't want it! I know you don't want it! You don't have to force yourself! You can cancel it!" Catherine said, on the verge of crying.

"It's an arranged engagement, I can't do anything... and I can live with her..." Zephyr said, still with his emotionless face. It's like his face muscle never moves. The crowds when 'ooo'...

The Bimbo's tears spilled, "You don't know what you are saying!" she screamed, oh! Ever so dramatically! She shook her head and cried uncontrollably. I hope her neck can take the shaking. It looks like it's gonna break. But then again, her head must be light because of the lack of brains.

"I. Love. Her." Zephyr said. Still no emotion. Everyone was like, GASP!!! I was shocked of course! I mean him saying that in front of everyone? That's so not him... and he is turning to me! Turning and he... gave me a frown and rolls his eyes... *frowns with disappointment* oh well, reality check, it's still him.

"Urgh!" Catherine grunted like some kind of hungry beast and turned on her heels and walked off with her parrots following her.

I was still surprised though. I was just sitting there like a lifeless dummy (what am I saying? Dummies ARE lifeless!) not knowing what to do next... Zephyr turned back to me and the crowds cheered.

"You fine?" he asked.

I can't find the words to say. I mean, no wait, I KNOW what to say. I just forgot how to talk for a second... I FORGOT how to talk... I think I hit my head too hard just now.

"Yeah..." I managed to say at last.

"Let me help you..." he held out his hand. Oh my God! I must be dreaming! That's not him!!! I took it and he pulled me up with a really effortless tug.

"Let's go... we're late for detention! Because of you! Again!" Zephyr said. The crowd was thinning.

I don't care. Was it true? What he said? He was still holding my hand and running to the class. I'm never gonna wash my left hand ever again! Ah, just kidding...

WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment