Tuesday, January 4, 2011

WEINI - I Love Him Not - Chapter 5 - Once Jerk, Always A Jerk

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"You're late for class! You're late for detention! What happened? Christabella? You're one problem. This is Zephyr's first time and your twenty-fourth... no wait, twenty-fifth time in detention! " said Mrs Sasa. I wonder who is so unlucky enough to be her husband. She's just plain annoying... and annoyingly annoying. And, erm... did I mentioned annoying?

"She was picked on. By Catherine," Zephyr explained. Wow! He talks!

"On the way here?" Mrs Sasa asked. She's dumb.

"Yeah... I stopped her anyway..." Zephyr said. Okay, I think he's showing off now.

"Good! How unlucky huh? So many bad things seem to happen on such a special day for both of you... I wonder..." Mrs Sasa said. She sounds like she's provoking me with the red cloth. I am not afraid to admit that sometimes I am the bull either. And bull hates red cloth. That's exactly what she's doing right now. "Now, get to your seats..."

I rolled my eyes. ARGH!

Zephyr and I headed to the back of the class, trying to sit as far as possible from each other.

I swear I saw Mrs Sasa snickered! She opened her mouth to say something, probably to provoke me more, but then close it again. Perhaps she decided against it. Good choice Mrs Sasa.

I looked across the room at Zephyr. He didn't look any happier than I feel. I have a bad feeling that he hates me more for destroying his good reputation. I guess, I have to apologise to him later...

-------------------------------------------------------

After detention, Zephyr was walking back to his class.

"Zephyr! Hey!!! Wait!!!" Christabella shouted after him.

"Now what? You're trying to put me in another detention for going late to class just right after I came out of detention room?" Zephyr asked sarcastically.

Christabella was speechless for a moment before she found her voice and said, "I... I was just... trying to... trying to... say... I..."

"Just leave my life and I alone! Retard!" Zephyr snapped and walked off. He felt guilty right after the words left his lips. He know Christabella was just going to apologise. He felt an urge to turn back to let her complete her apology, but then, he'll look like a loser. If he doesn't, he'd look like a jerk... argh... he's having a dilemma.

But then, he thought, it's better off as a jerk than a loser... So he continued walking without a backward glance. Leaving Christabella on her own with her disappointment in the heart in the empty hallway...

He's a jerk after all, Christabella thought. He is...

WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment