Saturday, December 18, 2010

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ L - Letter

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"Applicants must send in an original essay about 'Biodiversity', closing date is the 25th of November, 2010. Any essays received after the date will not be considered." Colin read out the letter I received from the University of New South Wales, Australia.

"Oh, come on! Easy peasy! Nothing too big for my man, Kevin!" Sean laid his hand around my shoulder while rubbing my head with his other free hand.

"Yeah, yeah!" I shrugged it off.

Will it really be that easy peasy for me - Kevin Gray, to get in? Do I even want to get in? It's ironic that all these years of being so-called 'busy' with basketball, studies and scholarships are finally coming to an end. Graduation is coming soon and my schooling days will be officially over. Suddenly, school counsellors and even Principal Higgins are talking about career choices and different paths that different individuals take. Are they really that concerned with our decisions or are they just hyped up that another badge of students are going to leave the school?

"So, who are you gonna bring to the prom?" Luke suddenly asked.

Right, prom. I rolled my eyes.

Another thing on my list of things to get so-called busy with before graduation. My mom has been fussing over prom eversince the starting of my senior year. She even got my tux ready! But I don't even know if I'm going. It's not like I have someone special to bring with me.

"I have my eyes set on Felicia." Sean said while pointing to a tanned, wavy-haired brunette. She was tall, slim and had a figure that guys drool over. She had a sharp jawline and a pair of adorable dimples. Her eyes were a mesmerizing dark brown. A slender figure plus a breathtaking face makes up one sophisticated Latin beauty. Too sophisticated for the laid-back Sean.

"I've written my speech. Now, I'm working on my intonation. Hopefully, I'll be able to ask her by the end of this week." Sean grinned.

"Well, good luck on that! I'm bringing my girlfriend - Tiffany!" Luke said, with a slight hint of pride.

"Whoa, man! Girlfriend? Since when?" Colin asked.

"Since our first kiss on our first date!" Luke announced, this time, full with pride. Luke can be a snob sometimes. "But enough about me and my date. So Kevin, who's your lucky girl?"

"I don't know. No specifics yet." I answered half-heartedly.

"Yet?" Colin asked, his voice an octave higher, edged with suspicion.

"Nah, I might not even go if I don't find the right one." I said.

"Dude, it's prom! It's your senior year! Any girl would want to go out with you!" Sean exclaimed. "Right, Pamela?" he said while tugging a blonde girl who waved flirtatiously at me.

"Nah, he's joking." I told that Pamela girl before she gets her hopes TOO high. I turned to face them and tried to explain. "I don't just wanna go out with any girl. I want to go out with the girl! Someone who doesn't judge me for my exterior looks and achievements. Someone who sees me for me! A spontaneous, funny, outgoing and genuine girl!"

"I don't know, man! Sounds pretty hard to find someone like that --" Luke shrugged.

"Kev, look out!" Colin yelled suddenly.

Too late. I crashed into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! My fault for standing in the middle of the hallway!" she apologized immediately.

"No, no! My fault for walking backwards!" I apologized too.

And then, for no apparent reason, we both burst out into laughter.

"Someone like her." Colin said.

JOANNA


No comments:

Post a Comment