Tuesday, December 28, 2010

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ L - Long Talk

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"I'll leave you two alone. But don't talk too long, 'kay?" Amanda smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm really sorry about the crash." he said while helping me to pick up my books. "I'm --"

"Kevin Gray the Great," I interrupted. "And I'm --"

"Whitney Clinton the Vice President of Drama Club." he smiled.

I creased my brow. "You know me?"

"'Course. You're the girl who acted as Juliet in the school's play last Fall." he answered. "But soft what light through yonder breaks wind. Great stuff, great stuff."

I chuckled. "That's right! I'm the girl! I LOVE that story! William Shakespeare is a genius!"

"Yeah, but it's not my kind of stuff." he shrugged.

"Oh yeah! Basketball, parties, girls..." I said, matter-of-factly.

"Wait, what do you mean?" he asked, slightly confused.

"Not my kind of stuff. I gotta go. Don't wanna be late for class." I forced a smile and started to walk away.

"Hold on there! What's up with the mood?" he asked, shaking his head with confusion.

I turned around. "I don't know. Just trying to make things easier for you, I guess. You're Kevin Gray the Somebody and I'm Whitney Clinton the Nobody."

"Come on, don't say that. You were Juliet in the play!" he said.

"Puh-lease. No one ever shows up for the school play." I sneered. "Look, I don't want to waste my time and yours, so why don't you just stop this stupid charade like you care who I am and just let me go to class peacefully." I smiled with bitter scorn.

"Oh, I get it! You think I'm the kind of guy who ONLY talks to dumb blondes! Just for the record, that is the stupid charade you're talking about! Not this!" he said, his tone five decibels higher. Obviously annoyed with my assumption, he probably get that a lot.

"Really? Prove it, Mr Popular!" I challenged, but with a slightly gentle tone. Then, looking into his mesmerizing blue eyes, I smiled. I could see nothing but pure honesty.

"You know, you've got a pretty smile." he said, flashing his oh-so-hot smile.

"Gee, thanks! How intelligent of you to say something nice about me after a little heated arguement. Now, I have to forgive you." I smiled sarcastically, but dropped the sarcasm when I realized he was actually being honest. "I'm sorry, I'm a jerk."

"Nah, I'm sorry too. For raising my voice." he tucked his mushy brown hair behind his ear.

"Why do we keep apologizing today?" I chuckled.

He laughed sheepishly.

"You're not much like the others, huh? You're actually nice." I admitted.

"Haha, yeah. I guess?" he blushed. Wow! I, Whitney Cliton, made Kevin Gray, blush? "Tell you what? Why don't I pick you up tonight at 7, and we'll have dinner. And you'll find that there's a lot more about me that this world doesn't know about."

"What are you two STILL doing out here? 2 hours of detention after school!" Principal Higgins ordered. "What are you still waiting for? Christmas?! GO BACK TO CLASS!"

"Sorry, ma'am." I quickly made my way to class.

"Wait, is that a yes?" he asked suddenly.

"See you at 7!" I replied, hiding my smile.

Sure, I had detention to serve after class. But after all, it's worth it.

JOANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment