Saturday, December 18, 2010

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ L - Loyalty

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"Dude, she's at her locker talking to Amanda. Now's our chance to impress both our ladies!" the ever-cheerful Wade chirped while tugging my shirt.

"What?! No!! You remember the last time I tried to talk to her? A fly almost flew into my mouth! That was embarassing!" I shook my head as if to shake off that horrifying thought. Too late, it's already in my brain.

"I can't risk humiliating myself again!" I said.

"Come on, Jeremy! That was last Summer. Besides, you learn from mistakes. So this time, just try to remember to say something after you open your mouth." he patted my shoulder and gave me a light push as if to boost my confidence level.

"Quit pushing me, man! I'm not ready!" I shrugged, trying to make my way to class as hurriedly as possible.

"Then when will you be ready? You've been crushing on that girl since third grade! And we're gonna be seniors next year! It's about time. People are already placing bets on whether you'll still love her next year. You can't afford to be girlfriend-less on your senior year, right? Dude, I know that it's time..." his voice trailed off in a dramatic way and I was left alone.

"Man, I hate it when he's right..." I told myself.

"Wait, what about Amanda?" he must have forgot that it was our chance to impress both our ladies. Besides, I would need a little help trying to get my grammar straight. I turned around but he had already disappeared into the crowd.

"Hey, watch it!" I turned back but collided with someone.

"Oh! It's you, Jeremy! You know, this is the hallway where everyone moves. If not, you might just knock into someone, just like what you did to me!" Amanda babbled.

Time froze.

"I could use an apology here, Jeremy! Hello??" Amanda continued babbling. But her incessant babbling became incoherent murmurings; I could feel my brain not receiving the nerve impulses from the receptors; my senses losing control of what they were created for; my hands stiffened; I held my breath. Everything within a ten-feet radius started to blur out from my sight, everything except for that radiating light around her.

She was in front of me.

"JEREMY!!!" Amanda hollered.

Reality checks back into me.

"We all know that you're in love with my best friend, but do you have to do that dopey look in front of us?!" Amanda whined.

I lifted my shoulders, not once averting my gaze from that beauty.

She smiled.

"There you go again! Come on, let's go! It's no point asking for an apology from a love-sick do-do head!" Amanda stomped her feet and marched off.

She looked at me apologetically, flashed her million-dollar smile and followed behind the angry Amanda, who I think will not talk to me for the rest of the day.

If I die today, I swear I'll die a happy man.

JOANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment