Saturday, January 15, 2011

WEINI - I Love Him Not - Chapter 6 - Maybe Not That Bad

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

Christabella and Andrew walked home quietly. Suddenly, Christabella stopped walking. After walking a few steps only did Zephyr realised that Christabella wasn't beside him. He turned around.

"Why aren't you walking? My mom said she's not driving us home remember?" Zephyr said.

"I... I felt... bad... and stupid" Christabella said, tears forming in her eyes.

Zephyr sighed. He didn't know what to say nor how to respond to that. There was a silence before Zephyr started, "Let's make it a point, you ARE stupid!" silence. Zephyr regretted what he said as soon as the words fell out his lips. He didn't mean it. But what is said is said and can't be swallowed back. Christabella tried to hold back her tears. Zephyr sighed and said, "Just walk, I am melting out here..." he continued walking.

But after a few more steps, he realised Christabella was still not walking with him. He stopped and turn back again, "Are you gonna wal..." his sentence was broken off by the sight he was seeing - Christabella.
Christabella felt her legs gave out beneath her and she buckled over and knelt on the sidewalk. Her whole body felt weak. Every part of her felt like jelly. Not because she was scared. More like she was hurt. Emotionally hurt. How can she live with a guy who doesn't care about her? And she was about to engage to him and might get married and live with him forever?

Where is that secure feeling you feel when you're with the person you love? It felt empty right in her heart now.

It's hard to imagine and it's hard to hold back her tears now. She totally didn't want him to see her break down let alone cry. But then, she felt like... she's... dead right there. She couldn't stand up nor feel anything yet everything was so overwhelming.

Zephyr cleared his throat, "Are you... uh... okay?"

Christabella didn't give any response. There was more silences. Then, Christabella said, "I think so..."

Zephyr said, "Well, you don't look okay to me... what happened? No, wait, what's happening?" he's kind of worried now.

Christabella sniffed and answered, " It's all these thing... engagement? To you? Me to you? I don't like you. Not wait, that was a lie. In fact, I do. But you are the school's star and I am just a what? Nobody? Now, everyone hates me because of this engagement! I never wanted popularity. But now I am having it, in a negative way, I HATE IT!"

Zephyr sighed and knelt down beside her. He looked at her for a few seconds. She looked... pretty actually. In a way, she was. For the first time, Zephyr really looked at her and felt sympathy for her. Birthday ruined. Marriage ruined. Life ruined.

"Look, if you're going to sit here forever, I don't mind. So what if I am popular and you're not? We are all the same. I never cared about that popularity thing. Never. So what if we're both... er... engaged? Life's not over yet! You've got so much to do. Things that you want to do. You've got Chrysantha. I doubt she hates you. " Zephyr convinced her.

"Chrysantha is in Italy... there's no one else to talk to..." Christabella said.

"No one's asking you to fly there to talk to her. Not like she'd be there forever. You've still got me... you can talk to me..." Zephyr offered.

For one moment, Christabella looked doubtfully at him. Then she said, "Thanks."

There was an awkward silence until Zephyr broke the silence, "Err... are you ever gonna stand up? I'm really melting out here..." Zephyr stood up and held his hand out.

Christabella hesitated before taking his hand and he pulled her up. Christabella mumbled a thanks.

Then they walked home in silence. It wasn't long before Christabella realised that Zephyr was still holding her hands. It doesn't matter because she liked it. And somehow she knew Zephyr doesn't hate it. It was a bit awkward, but it felt nice at the same time.

What they didn't know about is what they are both thinking right now. Because it's all about the sweet things about each other..

WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment