Saturday, January 8, 2011

JOANNA - This L.O.V.E ~ O - O.M.G

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"Oh my gosh! Kevin Gray asked you out?" Amanda screamed into the phone.

"For the thousandth time, YES! Kevin Gray asked me out! Is that fact SO hard to digest?" I rolled my eyes. Sure, Amanda is my bestest friend of all time, going through thick and thin with me, backing me up every single time when I'm in need of assistance, but she's still one of those girls who screams at the mention of Kevin Gray.

"What are you going to wear?" she asked, catching her breath.

"Oh please! Amanda Thomas, the fashion sinner, asking me, Whitney Clinton, the fashion diva, what I'm wearing?" I replied.

"Um, yeah?" she answered, a little taken aback. "So what are you gonna wear?"

"Oh, my-- my-- Oh my goodness! I don't know!" I admitted, slightly humiliated. "'Manda, you know I love you! But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I have to go look for the perfect outfit! Sorry, love you but I gotta go!"

"I know. Someday, you'll thank me for being the most awesome friend!" she chirped joyfully.

"Thank you for being the most awesome friend." I said, half-heartedly.

"I know!" she replied, though sensing the half-heartedness in my reply she added, "Love ya too, Whit!"

"Bye!" and we hung up.

"Okay, Whitney Clinton. You're going out with Kevin Gray. You need the most perfect outfit of all time! Something that speaks of casualty because I don't want Kevin to think I'm desperate, but still shows off beauty because I don't want Kevin to think that I don't care." I told myself while looking through my wardrobe.

"You? Kevin Gray? Going out?" the most annoying but most caring elder brother in the whole wide world scoffed.

"Well, as a matter of fact, Brandon, yes. THE Kevin Gray asked me out." I smirked.

"That Kevin Gray has not bad a taste." he sneered.

"Gee, thanks, Brandon. Now, either you help me pick an outfit or you get out of my room, please?" I asked him sternly, then added a courteous 'please'.

"Well, since you asked me so 'politely', I think I'll stay here to find the most perfect outfit of all time. Something that speaks of casualty because I don't Kevin to think I'm desperate, but still shows off beauty because I don't want Kevin to think that I don't care." he replied in a squeaky voice, possibly an attempt to imitate me.

"You know what? Get out!" I pushed him. "Plus, I don't speak like that!"

"Please?" he blinked his eyes three times too much.

"Fine. Stay but shut up." I said sternly, with an air of authority around me.

"Yes, ma'am!" he salluted.

I sighed.

I quickly whispered a prayer because time is really running out for me to find the perfect outfit.

JOANNA

No comments:

Post a Comment