Thursday, August 18, 2011

JOANNA - "It's A Promise..."

"When I grow up, I want to be an astronaut so that I can ask the moon why it only comes out at night." the little girl of six years tells her best friend. She smiles at the moon, "What about you?"

"I want to be the President, and then I'll hire the best chef to cook the best potato salad ever! I'll be treated like a king." the little boy says as he nods and smiles cheekily.

"Presidents don't do that." she replies.

"Then what do they do?" he asks.

"Sign papers." she guesses.

"That's boring." he shrugs and adds, "Then I want to be a billionaire so that I can buy myself a G6 and fly all over the world."

"And we'll fly to the moon together?" she asks softly.

"It's a promise." he grins.


***

"Hey Chad! Leopard prints or stripes?" Amanda asked, she couldn't decide which one was sexier.

"Why does it even matter? It's just an undergarment. No one is going to see anything, whether it's leopard prints or stripes." the blue-eyed mohawk dude or Chad, replied.

"It matters to me, OK? So come on, which one?" she said, impatiently.

Chad made a disgusted look and said, "The leopard print one." I really need to find some guy friends, he thought to himself.

"Nah, I think I'll get the stripes!" she chirped.

Chad rolled his eyes, "And I wonder why she asked me."

"I needed a guy's opinion." she chortled.

"Hmph! Girls." Chad snorted. "So has anyone asked you out for prom yet?"

"A few." Amanda smirked.

"Wow, didn't know you were that attractive." he teased.

"Well apparently, I am." she said, as a matter-of-factly.

"So, who are you going with?" he asked, half hoping that she hasn't chose anyone yet.

"I don't know." she gazed into his blue eyes. "The right one hasn't asked me yet."

"Oh." he answered curtly. Did she meant me?

"What about you?" she asked.

Chad shook his head.

"You're shaking your head because you're not going or you haven't asked anyone yet?"

"I haven't asked anyone yet." he answered shyly.

"You kiddin' me?" she narrowed her eyes, half hoping that he really hasn't ask anyone yet.

"I'm shy, OK?" he admitted.

"Whoa, seriously? You have a mohawk! You're not supposed to be shy!" she exclaimed. "Come one, I'll teach you. Say this after me. 'Will you go to the prom with me?'"

"Will you go to the prom with me?" he repeated.

"Got it?"

"Got it. I'll ask her now."

"Yeah! You do that!" she said.

"Amanda, will you go to the prom with me?" Chad asked, blushing.

"Now that wasn't so hard, eh?" she sneered.


***

It's already midnight. But the voices of the two best friends chatting on the balcony echoed in the silence. It was a full moon -- beautiful.


"Look at the moon. It's so beautiful." Amanda said in awe.

"Yeah. But not as beautiful as you." Chad said.

Amanda smiled, "Remember when we were six, I said I wanted to be an astronaut to ask the moon why it only comes out at night? It sounds so silly saying it out right now. But I was so serious then."

"And I wanted to be a billionaire!" he said childishly.

"No, you wanted to be a President first, but then you said it was boring signing papers all day, then you changed your mind and wanted to be a billionaire." she corrected.

"To buy a G6." he continued.

"And we'll fly to the moon together." they said at the same time.

They laughed.

"Hey, I wanna show you something." Chad grabbed her hand.

"Show me what?"

"You'll see. Close your eyes."

He knew it wasn't like the G6 he promised 10 years ago. He knew it was impossible to fly to the moon, but it was still a promise.

"OK, you can open your eyes."

"Oh my gosh! That's a Ducati!" Amanda chirped.

Right before her eyes were the coolest thing she ever seen in her entire life. The Ducati was black, and the light reflected on its shiny surface. The seat was made of leather, it was smooth and glossy. And right on top of the seat were two helmets. Of which, one was particularly smaller and feminine than the other.

"I got it for my birthday. 'twas my dad's." he said. "Look, I know it's not the G6 I promised, but I hope you can ride it with me... to wherever we both want to go." he smiled and handed her the smaller helmet.

"It's a promise." she took the helmet and carefully placed it over her head.

"To the moon!"

THE END. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment