Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WEINI - I Love Him Not - Chapter 10 - He Really Loves You

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

"Christabella! Are you okay? Why were you absent? Gawd! I heard you fainted! What happened?" Chrysantha asked anxiously at the other end of the phone.

"Which question do you want me to answer first? I'm fine!" Christabella said laughingly.

"What happened?" Chrysantha asked.

"Oh, just got too cold I guess. You know, the morning winds can kill..." Christabella joked.

"Yea! So what happened between you and him? Everything's fine?" she asked.

"Yea, sure! He was anxious when I fainted. I'm not sure if he was faking it or whatever! I mean, there's like so many people around... maybe..." Christabella said with a hint of uncertainty. But deep in her heart she knows it's...

"He's not faking it," Chrysantha said as a matter-of-factly. Suddenly, she giggled.

"Fine! What's going on in there, Chrys?" Christabella asked suspiciously.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just something nice for you..." Chrysantha said, giggling uncontrollably now. Then the line was cut.

"Chrys? Chrys?" Christabella asked. "Fine! Be that way!" Christabella said to the phone. "She hung up!" she said with a shrug. Then frowned, what's Chrysantha up to?

--------------------------------------------------
"Hey Celina! So what's up yesterday, last night? You suddenly went off just like that!" Christabella asked curiosly.

"Gotta go! Catch up with you later! Meet me in the cafeteria at lunch! Usual table!" Chrysantha said hurriedly.

Before Christabella can open her mouth to say something, Christabella was around the corner of the end of the corridor already.

Great! Now my best friend is ditching me! Oh no! Not Catherine! Nooooo!!!

"Hey! So I heard you fainted yesterday... are you okay?" Catherine asked in a fake, sickly sweet smile.

"You talking to me?" Christabella asked carefully. Something is fishy!

"Yeah... of course! Who else fainted?" Catherine said sarcastically.

"Oh... I'm fine..." Christabella said. Stop being sarcastic and get the hell outta my way, you this sickening bi*ch!

"Great! See you 'round!" Catherine waved and went away.

Phew! That was fine! But... really... what's going on?

For the whole day, everyone asked if Christabella was okay. It feels good to be noticed, yet so awkward to be popular. And being asked the question over and over again... it's just so weird. She might as well just announce it over that PA system that she's fine.

---------------------------------------------
"Christabella! Youwon'tbelievethis! Hesayshelovesyou! HedidNOTpretendtobeworriedtheotherday! HeLOVESyoualot! Wohoo!" Chrysantha said excitedly over the phone.

"Huh? What are you babbling about? Can you like, separate your words? I don't get it!" Christabella said, confused.

"He-loves-you!" Chrysantha said, giggling.

"Who?"

"Him!"

"Him, who?"

"Zephyr! Duh!" Chrysantha said in a bored way.

"Oh! How'd YOU know!?" Christabella asked curiously.

"I asked him, of course!" Chysantha said proudly. "Actually, I threatened that if he didn't tell the truth, he'd lose his head."

"Oh, how'd you ask him?"

"I called him!" Chrysantha said.

"How'd YOU get his number?" Christabella asked.

"It was on the invitation card. DUH!" Chrysantha said.

"Oh! Yeah! The card! Ha-ha. Card... I totally forgot!" Christabella said.

"Oh! Haha! All the girls in the school is calling him! It took me 17 times to get through!" Chrysantha said hysterically. "Just in case, you don't know..."

"Ahem! Except me! I'm not calling him," Christabella reminded.

"Well... yea..." Chrysantha agreed. There was a silence before Chrysantha added, "How come?"

"Because I see that annoying face every single day at dinner," Christabella snapped.

"Oh! Really?" Chrysantha teased.

"Duh! I'm dragged out of my bed every morning just to have this stupid 'sweet heart breakfast' with him too. It's lame!" Christabella complained.

"Oh! That's too bad! All the girls would kill to get this chance... except me, of course!" Chrysantha said. Then she added, "And you," after a second thought.

"CHRISTABELLA! COME DOWN! WE'RE GOING TO THE JONATHAN'S FOR DINNER!" Mrs Michell shouted from downstairs.

Christabella rolld her eyes and shouted back, "Coming, mom!".

"See, get what I mean?" Christabella groaned into the phone.

"Ooo... dinner with Zephyr!" Chrysantha said with a giggle.

"Jealous much?" Christabella teased.

"CHRISTABELLA????!!!" Mrs Mitchell called again.

"COMING!" Christabella shouted back.

"Urgh! Bye!" Christabella told Chrysantha and hung up before Chrysantha had a chance to say anything more.

---------------------------------------------

He loves me! He loves me not! He loves me! He loves me not!

Christabella was mumbling to herself during dinner. Zephyr never looked up from his plate. Neither did he speak during dinner. She wondered as she looked at him. Does he really love me? Like what Chrysantha has told me? He's quite... good looking...

She continued to poke her food on her plate.

Dinner with him is such a bore! Why would the girls want to have dinner with him? Nothing ever happens! Sigh.....

WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment