Thursday, November 4, 2010

WEINI - I Love Him Not - Chapter 2, Part 1 : You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!

First time reading this story? CLICK HERE FOR PART 1

Zephyr came down and glanced my way on the couch. His favourite couch. With his dog's pee on it. You so don't want me to tell you the story. Just plain disgusting. But of course, they had the couch cleaned thoroughly and dried under the sun for a week. Alice couldn't stand the dog. It's cute and all but it's just not potty-trained...

"Hey! Why are you here?" Zephyr asked, surprised and annoyed.

"Uh! My mum's here, if you didn't see her beside me already. Why are YOU here?" I asked, staring at him topless. Ooo!!! Six packs!!! Hawt!!! I shook my head. I must NOT be attracted! Must NOT be attracted!!! I glanced sideways at his abdomen again. Man! He must be doing a a h*ll lot of sit ups and pumping! Hardcore! Pfoo! He saw me looking, he quickly put his shirt on and put his arms protectively across his abdomen. I turned away in embarrassment.

"Apparently, fyi*, THIS is MY home," he replied coldly, staring back at me.

Embarrassed and blushing furiously till I can feel my blood in my head boiling, I mumbled," Owh... I didn't know that..." adding an almost inaudible 'idiot' at the end of the sentence. Apparently, I was too caught up with YOUR six packs to remember that I'm in your house, sitting and YOUR dog-peed couch... so it's all your fault. I guess my words never escapes his bat-like ears. I mean, seriously? The next thing he did and said was...

Point at my accusingly and said, "I heard that... you..."

Alice cleared her throat noisily and said, "Aah!!! Come sit here, hone..." Zephyr shot her a warning stare, Alice gave a nervous chuckle and continued, "I mean, Zephyr..." Alice patted on the empty space in the couch beside me. "Your dad should be home with Michael any minute now..." I shook my head wildly. No! No! No!!! Don't sit beside me! Do NOT sit beside me! No!!!

Michael's my dad. Michael Mitchell. His dad has a really... UNIQUE name. Alexandre Sonia Jonathan. (say... A-les-san-dryer So-ni-uh. Man! Even the pronunciation is weird... I mean... UNIQUE)

"Why? I mean why do I have to sit beside HER?" Zephyr asked, irritated.

"Because I asked you to..." Alice said with a look that said, you better do or else... *The evil laugh*

Zephyr hesitated before rolling his eyes and then sat down, slumped, beside me. I moved away.

"Sit properly!" Alice hissed. He straightened up.

Hahahahaha!!! What mama's boy! Must tell Chrysantha about it!

"What's so important? Can we just get over this fast? I've better things to do," Zephyr said, not bothering to be polite despite his guests being present.

"Be polite," Alice warned. There was a click sound and the front door opened. Both our fathers in identical business suit walked in. They are both best friends. I don't know how they are related though. At least, I don't remember...

"Hey! So what's up everybody? Okay, let's get started!" that was my dad. He's... never snapped out of his high-school years...

"So you both must have known that, no doubt your mothers have told you both before we were here, you both are engaged on Christabella's 16th birthday right?" my dad continued, speaking like a bullet train engine.

Stunned, Zephyr and I said, " WHAT???!!!"

"You've gotta be kidding me, dad," I said, hoping he was joking. He's gonna break into a smile now and say he's joking like always. That's my typical dad. But... of all days... he chose today to be not-so-typical...

"Uhhh... dear... I'm not joking," he said seriously, and a bit unsettled. Maybe because he just realised that he was the one to break the bad news (for Zephyr and I) or the good news (predictably the adults).

*fyi stands for 'for your information'
WEINI

No comments:

Post a Comment